Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday the Eat Me Way

The rule was to bring a dish of strange bedfellows, but I broke that rule after drinking at the Big Bad Oven show all day and subsequently not giving a shit about what I ate as long as it had meat in it. So I give you our Super Bowl Snack Spectacular:

You'll notice a giant bowl of Doritos (an absolute must), Reuben Dip, Spinach Cupcakes, Turkey Bacon Pinwheels, and Hawaiian Honey Hammys, along with an array of beer and tobacco products. This does not include the Balsamic Vinaigrette-marinated steak Dave cooked up at halftime. A feast for the eyes and the belly.

Laura Rogers stuck to the rules and made these delicious Spinach Cupcakes with Spinach Dip icing and Olive garnish! Magnifico. I just ate two leftovers while typing this. Lara and David's dog licked some icing off one and I think we quickly forgot which one it was, and probably ate it.

This is my Reuben Dip, a recipe originally procured from Hilary Trenda, and one that I find makes everyone lose their minds with edible ecstasy. It's basically chopped corned beef, mayo, sour cream?, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and the all-important ingredient of caraway seeds. Serve with cocktail rye bread. You fancy, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment