Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Steve Albini Has a Food Blog Dot Com

Thank you, Jeremy Bain, for pointing out that Steve Albini Has a Food Blog, which I capitalize because I think it should be a band name and maybe he would produce the first album because it will direct traffic to his food blog, which can be found at http://mariobatalivoice.blogspot.com/ and is called Mario Batali Voice because "This is what I made Heather for dinner. The name comes from the way I bring her food in bed and present it to her using an imitation of Mario Batali's voice from TV. When she posted pictures of her dinner on her Facebook I would write a little description and conclude it with the tag (/mariobatalivoice). So that's where that came from." Which is pretty adorable for Steve Albini who I have always imagined to be slightly curmudgeonly.
Mandatory sample post excerpts follow, providing voyeuristic insight into the minutiae of Steve Albini's life, including the fact that he has a mom and his mom has a birthday:
- I didn't want to make a puree out of it while it was still hot, because the bowl of the processor is plastic and I seldom feel comfortable about putting hot things in plastic, not just because I might distort the plastic, but because maybe some mutagen chemical could cook out of it and I'd get face cancer or grow a dick out of each armpit. I tasted a bit of the greens and liked them, but doubted the wisdom of adding nuts because they didn't seem to be doing anything. How little I knew then.
- It seems like the flour will bind with the eggs until satisfied, then no more flour joins the party, so you basically can't fuck it up. I'm all for things I can't fuck up.
- On the phone with mom the other day I felt like a triple dirtbag. 1) I got super busy and didn't call her on her birthday. 2) I remembered as I was falling asleep that I needed to call her in the morning to make up for it, but then I overslept and was late and it slipped my mind. 3) Now I'm on the phone with my mom two days late and apologizing for not calling her on her birthday or the day after. Triple dirtbag. Then she lays this on me, "I've been reading your food blog. You're getting a little too precious with it." A too-precious triple dirtbag. I hang my head.
Here's Mario Batali cause I never heard of him

No comments:

Post a Comment