Thursday, July 29, 2010

Birthday Girl Jen Rock's Frozen Tony's Pizza with Crushed Doritos and French's Yellow Mustard

Don't be jealous that you didn't get invited to this dinner party... you wouldn't be able to handle the deliciousness anyway, foodie.


Birthday girl and devout follower of EAT ME Knoxville, Jen Rock, sent in this amazing dish she made. Make it tonight as you poor one out for our favorite Knoxvillian on the day of her birth! I recently sat down with Jen and interviewed her about how she developed this totally inspiring culinarly delight.

Liz: Do it, tell me everything! Birthday girl!
Jen: I ate a personal pepperoni pizza every day in high school for two years. Every single day.
Liz: I like where this is going already. This will be a special post for your birthday.
Jen: And, I would crush up Nacho Doritos and cover it with yellow mustard. Every single day. Yeah!
Liz: Keep going....
Jen: AND, I played competitive volleyball for my highschool and a junior olympic team. never getting fat
Liz: Dang! That is an amazing feat of the human metabolism. You should probably be a competative eater.
Jen: And, to wash it all down with .... in the morning I would go to the BP across the street and get a Dr. Pepper, let it sit in my locker for 4 hours and then drink it HOT with my pizza.
Liz: Excellent. Still sounds better than my high school cafeteria...
Jen: That's my story and I'm stickin to it
Liz: But where were you going that you took this throwback dish recently? From the photos it looks like a dinner party or potluck?
Jen: At a pregnant belly painting party for my friend Meredith. She wanted trashy, pregnant food
Liz: Were the fellow guests as impressed? Did the mother-to-be indulge in it?
Jen: Doritos and ranch dressing. Yes, the second picture I sent is the Dr. Meredith McCarroll, said pregnant woman. Fellow guests were cautious, but Meredith had seconds.
Liz: Do you think her baby will be born with a little arm coming out of it's forehead now? She looked excited to indulge in it... Is she a doctor doctor or some sort of scientist of the humanities doctor?
Jen: There were also Pop Tart ice cream sandwiches provided by Morgan Fleming, a Choreographer with Circle Modern Dance.
Me: Oh wow...we need to get a picture of those too...
Jen: She is a doctor of the English language at UTK. Her baby boy was born with two normal sized arms and is perfectly healthy.
Liz: Ah, I see...well good. That is awesome to hear. I'm so happy, babys with normal sized arms are the best.
Jen: I know. Easier to pick up or something
Liz: Yeah and one day they can feed themselves dorito mustard pizza.

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog as much as I loved that pizza.
    The esteemed Dr. McCarroll (who was much more thrilled about the dish than this picture would lead you to believe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking this to my next tennis match.

    ReplyDelete